Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Labor Day Weekend

This extended day weekend was much needed for our family. By Friday night we will all ready to rest and relax. (Except for Sam since he had Friday off!)

Saturday Toby spent twelve hours at a youth group camp event with friends.  Amelia went to the Woodstock Fair with my parents, and Lucy, Sam and I went shopping for volleyball clothing/shoes and out to eat.

Sunday we went to church and then headed right to Six Flags.  We picked up our season passes for next year which are also good for the remainder of this year.  This means that instead of spending 48.99 per person for one visit plus $25 for parking.  We spent $51.99 per person and get free parking, for now and next season.  It was actually cheaper to buy the season pass even if we never go again!

As for the park itself it was incredibly busy and lines were long.  If I could offer one recommendation it would be to open a single rider line on the rides.  There are a lot of empty seats on rides that people are waiting a long time for, this would help cut down at least some time.  We also purchased a 2017 drink cup that is free refills for now and next season.  It was $23.99 and we filled it up 6 times so I think we are already making good headway with saving money on it.  It was stolen while Sam was on a ride and they replaced it, which I was happy about.  My favorite ride was the Wicked Cyclone, Lucy's favorite was Mind Eraser, Toby liked Tornado, and Amelia's favorite was Pandemonium.  Sam's out biking so I can't ask him.

We got home late Sunday night, we stayed until closing at 10pm.  We had a relaxing morning on Monday and then Amelia and I finally tackled her bedroom.  Every summer we deep clean the bedrooms and we never got to Amelia's because I didn't feel up to it.  She has a lot of stuff!

I decided it couldn't be put off any longer so she and I set a goal of three hours and it took us two, not bad at all, and now I feel better just having it done!

We're back to school this morning and Sam starts at his new school today.  We are out straight with our evenings now that sports have started back up and Lucy is on the volleyball team, so hopefully that one day extra of rest and non-work was enough to hold us for a bit.





No comments:

Post a Comment