Thursday, April 02, 2015

April Fool's Day Pranks

Yesterday was an exciting day for me.  I love April Fool's Day!

Lucy slept  over my parents' the night before and I had promised not to do any tricks on Toby because he is still scarred from a few years ago, so that only left Amelia.

I put food coloring in her cereal bowl (under the cereal) so when the milk poured in it would turn blue.  This totally escaped her notice because we eat sugar cereal (gasp!) so the milk is normally some interesting color.  Then I put paper towels in her shoes.  This just made her angry because she's not really a happy person in the morning...so failures at home.

At school in just the first 10 minutes, I was able to get 22 people with the "Your shoes untied."  But again that's just boring.

One of my students brought me in a bag of pistachios that was actually a can of tuna.  Fun!  Then they put plastic bugs around the room which I pretended to be horrified about, and then they stuck on sticker on the back of my pants.  That one, I really was horrified about, so good for them. :)

My main trick for the day was I told my students that our classroom was special so the school was giving each of my students their own ipads to use for home and school.  I said I had a cart of them in the hall and I would call them out one by one to get it and put it in their backpack.  As each child came out I gave them an "Eye Pad".  Haha, I thought it was hysterical. Only one child in tears...


No comments:

Post a Comment