Friday, March 13, 2015

Good News Week

Sam and I spent last weekend thinking about all that could go wrong this week.  It was either going to be a very bad week for us, or a very good one.

1.  My final interview for the elementary principal position at my school was on Saturday.  I had started the process to get this job almost a year ago.  The process itself has been filled with ups and downs and I thought this final week might break me.

2.  I found a lump last week, near my breast, that I needed to get checked out this week.

3. Toby was having his tonsils out on Thursday.

4.  Sam had his big PD project due for work.

5.  Lucy was leaving for orchestra tour on Friday.

God is good and the week couldn't have gone better.

1.  I have been offered the position of WCS Elementary Principal for next year!  I am very excited to start this new chapter in my career, nervous, but excited.  Just as the first year of teaching is one of enthusiasm and mistakes, I'm sure this first year of administration will be filled with highs and lows.  Thankfully, I love this school community and feel a great deal of support from students, parents, faculty and administration.  We are on spring break next week and I'll be spending the week getting my plans into organized lists. (Of course!)

2.  I went to the doctor on Wednesday and the lump is just a skin cyst, all is well.  I told him I had been planning my death, he told me I didn't need to.   He also froze a skin thing that I had on my face which I had no idea could be removed, so that's exciting.

3.  Toby had his tonsils and adenoids out yesterday.  All went well, surprisingly well.  We got home around noon and he's been without any pain so far (on ibuprofen/tylenol, of course) and he's been busy building legos and playing minecraft.  His only complaint is hunger, but he can start soft foods today.

4.  Sam finished his project and turned it in.

5.  Lucy leaves this morning for Lancaster, PA on orchestra tour.  They will be gone for a week, playing at nursing homes, churches, and helping out at a homeless shelter.  In the flurry of this week, we were able to get her all packed and ready and she's been sleeping over my parents since Wednesday to make the schedule work.  I think she'll have a great time and it's much better to be away on tour, instead of sitting in our house for a week on spring break.


That's what we have been up to.  This has been a week of tension, followed by thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment