Monday, February 23, 2015

Hello

For the 3rd Sunday in a row our church service was canceled.  It was rescheduled for Sunday evening this week, but Lucy had a cello concert at a different church.  Lucy left on Friday to go up to Monadnock with our church youth group.

I got home late Friday night from the shower and visiting with Rachel.  I was just about to go to bed when I started hearing loud meowing.  I went downstairs and there was a cat on our steps.  It was 4 degrees outside (and the cat was very loud) so I let it in our house.  The first thing it did was head to the living room where the bunny completely went crazy, throwing itself against the cage and throwing shavings and poop all over my living room.  Even once I got the cat out of the living room it took at least an hour for it to stop thumping its foot.  Jenny is my go to animal person, so I called her even though it was one in the morning.  I brought the cat down to the basement, gave it a can of tuna and a bowl of water, along with a laundry basket with some blankets.  I left a note on the basement door that there was a cat down there. :)  I emailed the neighbors to check if it was there cat.

In the morning the neighbors said it wasn't theirs and they had seen if for the past few days.  I called Auburn Animal Control and they said to let it outside to see if it could find its way home.  If it didn't, they would come pick it up.  Amelia gave it a meatball for breakfast and then we sent it outside. The cat stayed in our yard for awhile and then disappeared.

We spent the rest of Saturday at home, very low-key.

Toby has his pre-op physical today to be cleared for his tonsil/adenoid surgery.  He also turns 10 on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment