Friday, January 30, 2015

One Year Ago

One year ago today, Sam broke his collarbone.  Here's the entry from that time in our lives: The Walking Dead.  I had the flu and when I think back, I'm amazed how little it really registered that Sam was on his way to the hospital, in the hospital, etc.  I was so out of it when I got the phone calls.  I'm thankful for Jonathan, Lowell, and Barbara, who stepped up and took care of him.  I'm also thankful for my parents who helped out in many ways.  Then again so many of you sent gift cards, meals, prayed for us, and I am still so appreciative.

A year later, Sam is fully healed, no pain, and stronger than ever.  He has a new job that he greatly enjoys, who knows if that would have happened if he hadn't broken his collarbone.  Of course, he can also still work with his father which we are very thankful for.

He's still out skating every chance he gets.

God took care of us and met our needs in ways we couldn't have imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment