Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pioneer Woman Cookbook

This past week we had the Scholastic book fair at our school.  As teachers, we go through and create a wishlist basket of books we would like for our classroom.  Then as parents come in to purchase they can also purchase a book from our basket if they want to.  This year I put the The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays in my basket, simply because I wanted it. :)  A mom bought it for me which is very exciting.  I spent some time looking through it this past weekend.  I'm definitely going to make the maple bacon scones.  I don't own many cookbooks because I get all of my recipes online, but this one is well-laid out, has some great recipes for each holiday, and I'm looking forward to using it!

ETA:  I made the maple-bacon scones on Monday night.  They were fabulous.  Everyone liked them!  And they tasted like maple and bacon unlike the cookies I made a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment