Sunday, October 26, 2014

Volturno and Sweet

The hockey coach of Toby's team set up a night out with his wife and another team manager so I could learn the inside scoop of the team managing world.  I was a little uncertain about this because I didn't know these two women at all and going out to dinner felt awkward but I went.

I ended up having a great time and was able to cross two places off of my restaurant bucket list.  We started the night at Volturno Pizza where I had the Funghi pizza -  mushrooms, goat cheese, mozzarella, thyme, pecorino.  Absolutely delicious.

Right next door is Sweet Bakery and Bar so we went there for dessert.  We shared three desserts, the Dosants (yum), Chocolate Fondue, and Bananas Foster Spring Rolls (which I didn't have).  I also had two great maple martinis.

I would highly recommend both places.

I left the evening with a few pages of ideas and info, and the cellphone numbers of two women who are available to help me if I need it.


I just finished reading The Orchard of the Lost Souls.  It is not getting it's own post because it was just "ok".

No comments:

Post a Comment