Sunday, September 21, 2014

Weekend

This has seemed like a long week in many ways, but there were also many positives.

My cousin Katherine visited from Missouri with her children.  We enjoyed playing at the playground with them, a sleepover on Friday night, and trying out a new restaurant, The Citizen's Wine Bar.  I'll talk more about that in a few days.

I was able to resolve a work situation that I had blown up to be bigger than it was, actually it turns out there was no situation at all.

I started my mentorship again with the NPS principal.  We met on Thursday and created a plan.

I met with a student and parents to discuss an issue and it seems to be all set now, which is a relief.

I talked to another parent on the phone about an issue and we'll see where that ends up.

I talk to parents every day, many different parents, and we communicate through texts, emails, in person conversations, etc., but those are the fun communications, the ones where we are excited about their child's accomplishments or talking about what we are having for dinner.  There are also times I have to communicate things that aren't fun to talk about, and there seemed to be more than normal this week.

I went on a field trip to the Boston Tea Party Museum and it was incredible.  More about that one later also.
My co-worker, Rachel, finally announced that she is pregnant, and I'm saying finally because I feel like I've known for a long time.  Sad for me because I will miss her, but I'm so excited for her and her new BABY!

On Friday I got in my car along with my three children and the three other children I bring to school, and the steering wheel wouldn't turn.  All the power steering fluid was on the driveway.  The other mom came and got the six kids and brought them to school.  Sam had to turn around (he was almost at work) and come pick me up and bring me to school.  I was only five minutes late.  Friday night he reattached the hose and refilled the fluid.  I'm thankful that was all that was the problem.

Saturday morning there was a fox trying to get in the chicken coop.  There was one chicken down below and she was going crazy, flinging herself around the coop as the fox danced around the outside.  Sam scared the fox away and let the chicken out to try to calm her down.  She ended up going up into a nesting box and staying there for 3.5 hours, making clucking noises.  She was terrified, but seems to have recovered now.  I guess it's true, chickens aren't very smart, because there are many places she could have gone inside the coop to escape the fox, not that he could even get her.

Toby has the last of his 4 day hockey evaluations today.   He will be playing in a scrimmage.  Sam has been very impressed with how well he has been doing.  I went to Amelia's soccer today and it was a perfect day to be outside.

We went to a cookout at my Aunt Paige's Saturday afternoon.  One last chance to see Katherine, Rory, and Andrew, along with delicious food, and a chance to see Paige and Carter.

Today we are going to START on the Street which is one of my favorite festivals!  Then we'll head to watch the scrimmage.

And then let another week begin!



No comments:

Post a Comment