Sunday, September 07, 2014

Weekend (Saturday)

Today Sam got our new car inspected, which means it's all set for us now.  I filled it up for the first time today and it costs $40 to fill it.  It's a hybrid and it got the same number of miles on a fill-up as the van, but the tank is half the size.  Fabulous!

Sam worked construction today and didn't get home until 8 due to working late and getting stuck on some streets where trees had blown down in the storm.

We didn't get a storm here, unfortunately.  It was very very hot all day.  We started the day at Amelia's first soccer practice of the season.  She's on the navy blue team this season.  Her coach is great.  Amelia goes to school with one of the girls and knows another from last season, so she was happy to be out there.  At the end, her face was beet red and beaded with sweat.

I spent the rest of the day baking.  A friend at work gave me a giant club of zucchini.  I made two loaves of bread and 24 muffins (which I froze).  I gave the rest to the chickens.  I also made a loaf of white bread and made the dough for 5 minute artisan bread.  Artisan Bread in Five  I had received a loaf of this bread as a teacher gift and it was delicious.  I'm hoping mine turns out just as well.

I also made peanut bars which a co-worker had brought to work on Saturday.  I made a mistake in the order I did things, but they are still delicious.  We are going to make another pan of them tomorrow though, the right way.

Tonight I took the kids to Chipotle where we used their free meal coupons from the library summer reading program.  We all had meals for free and paid 2 dollars for a drink.  Of course, it's next to Trader Joe's so then we went there and spent the money we had saved.

Tomorrow we are supposed to be going to the Worcester Revolution.  I'm only going if it is cooler...

No comments:

Post a Comment