Monday, September 29, 2014

The Citizen Wine Bar

When my cousin Katherine came to visit last week, I was looking for a place for us to go out to eat.  I have a list of restaurants I want to try in Worcester and The People's Kitchen was on there.  After looking over the website, I saw that this place is divided into three different food spots.  The People's Kitchen is upstairs.  The Citizen Wine Bar is on the ground floor and Still & Stir is next to The Citizen.  I decided to go with The Citizen because they had a reuben :) and the drinks looked good.  I made reservations for 8:30 on a Friday night.

When we arrived we couldn't find parking so we used the complimentary valet parking which was great.  We were seated and then waited for our waiter.  He took a little while to come over, but once he did he was great for the rest of the evening.

Most items on the menu looked delicious.  We chose three cheeses to start with.  When they arrived, they came with a small loaf of bread, a fig and honey spread, and roasted salted almonds.  I ordered the Reuben for my dinner and Katherine ordered the Aristocrat Burger.  Katherine's burger was delicious, my Reuben was good, but it had dijon mustard on it which I greatly dislike.

For drinks, I can't remember what we had, except that I had a French 75.  All the drinks were delicious.

I really enjoyed the evening, the restaurant, food, and company.  I've crossed it off my list, but I would definitely go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment