Tuesday, August 26, 2014

First Day of School 2014

 Kindergarten


 Fourth Grade


 Sixth Grade

 Outside his classroom


Outside her locker

Amelia wouldn't let me take any pictures at school.

They all had a good day.  Lucy loves her new young teachers and enjoys moving from class to class.  Toby  liked his class and spending time with all of the 4th graders.  He's looking forward to the AR point Subway Club.  Amelia loved her class and said she only learned one thing today, where to play during recess. :)

Today was a half day, which is nice because that is about all I can handle on the first day.  The worst part of the day was getting home at 2 and having to make lunch for the kids.  I'd rather they have a full day and make lunches the night before!

My first day went very well.  It's always so quick and it's hard to prioritize which routines are the most important for them to learn.  We went through a full Morning Meeting this morning, went over jobs, organized all of our supplies, and spent some time getting to know each other.  12 of my students are looping with me, 6 students are new, so it's going to be an interesting dynamic.

No comments:

Post a Comment