Thursday, October 06, 2016

So little time, so much to say

Here's the scoop.  This blog is on my calendar every day to update and every day it's the easiest thing to move to the next day.  So today's the day, who knows when the next update will come...

I have been:

- working.  One of our 1st grade teachers was in a car accident last week that left her with significant injuries.  She will not be back for quite awhile so I was involved in classroom triage last week and this week I'm hiring someone to take her place until she comes back.  I will be micromanaging this class because it is very important that we provide a consistent, successful program for the students.

- enrolled in a course. Data-Driven Decision Making.  I am taking this course to help me with my final tasks that I need to finish to get my administrator's license.  I could do the four tasks on my own, but at the end of this course I will have the first task completed and submitted to the state which will give me more confidence to complete the last three on my own.  

- taking another course with some of the school community - Effective Education for Children with Down Syndrome in School.

- sleeping over my parents a few nights over the past two weeks because they are away.  We call it "going on vacation to Whitinsville".  We've been enjoying watching tv!

- spending weekends doing fun things, along with other necessary things. Start on the Street, Six Flags, Garlic and Arts Festival, visiting grandparents in Boston.

Sam has been:

- working.  He's enjoying the new location and job very much.  After all, they serve a great breakfast and lunch each day!  He likes the other parts also.

- picking the children up from school some days and bringing them all over for their after school activities.  I couldn't do my job without him!

- mountain biking in Douglas and playing basketball at church.

Lucy has been:

- walking to visit Granny after school.

- living a life of volleyball.  Practice or game every day, Monday through Friday.  It's exciting to watch her games, she's pretty good!

- sleeping over friends' houses.

- working on her children's book she started last year.  She's almost done!

Toby has been:

- enjoying his new year of hockey, teams are still be worked out, they are trying to make them more fair this year.

- enjoying another round of fencing classes.

- participating in hockey skills classes at the DCU center.

- participating in the MS Drama Club with a goal to perform in the Spring musical , Alice in Wonderland.

- doing very well academically in 6th grade.

- going to the orthodontist for the first time.  Turns out he is missing an adult tooth, has adult teeth that have no space to come down, and it all ultimately means that he needs four teeth pulled and braces put on.  But for now we don't have to come back for 6 months so that's great!

Amelia has been:

- playing soccer, so much fun to watch!  She's been asked to be on two winter leagues, not sure we'll do both.

- taking Level 2 swimming lessons.

- participating in an after school club, Once Upon a Pops, learning songs they will sing at the Pops Concert.

- writing a story about a ladybug.

- practicing piano without too much complaining.

- complaining about her clothes and how she is sick of them.  (I still have summer clothes out.)

- loving GEMS, a church group for girls her age.





No comments:

Post a Comment