Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Operation Take Back My Life, Day 1

So this past weekend, I decided it was time to try to work the weekly schedule to allow us to actually come home.  Due to my job and volleyball season, we have been living at the school.  The Smitten Kitchen recipes keep showing up on Facebook and I keep wanting to make them but I have no time.  We were eating dinner at the concession stand three times last week.

So.  I wrote out the schedule with me coming home and whatever children are available to come home, coming home.  This means that some days we have to go pick up Lucy later but it beats staying in Whitinsville for hours. I also printed out the recipes that I was looking at and bought everything to make them all.  This means we will be having a lot of desserts for dinner this week. :)

Day 1 (Monday):  We ended up leaving school 30 minutes later than planned, but still quite an improvement.  Toby went through the recipes and chose Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Slaw and Feta. They were delicious and everyone liked them.  Amelia went to soccer.  Sam picked Lucy up.  It was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment