Monday, August 01, 2016

We're Home (for a few days)

I had big plans to blog some pictures from our vacation in NH, but I'm tired.  Hopefully soon. I'd also like to do a contrast with some pictures at the same places from when we last went in 2011.  We had a great time, very relaxing.

I'm also in the middle of a book A Slant of Sun and can't put it down.  We have a child with Down Syndrome starting in Kindergarten this year and I'm reading a variety of memoirs that his mother recommended.  This is one of them and it is very good, although hard to read in parts, because the author expresses her emotions in a very relatable manner. Navigating parenting is tricky for all parents.  I've also read A Good and Perfect Gift, along with some picture books to use with our students.  Speaking of school, it starts three weeks from today!

But we aren't quite ready to let summer go yet.

This week most of us are home, Lucy is off to Narragansett with a friend from this evening until Thursday evening.  On Sunday we all (minus Sam) head to Word of Life in NY.  Lucy and Toby will be at camp for the week and Amelia and I will hang out with my parents until Wednesday.  So this is a busy work week for me, trying to get a lot done, as it is my last full week of summer work.  PD days and orientation begin on August 17th.


No comments:

Post a Comment