Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Camp and Books

My parents brought Lucy and Toby home from camp on Saturday.  Toby had lost his shampoo three days in, he didn't brush his teeth at all, and he used deoderant once.  On Thursday they have a mud pit event and Toby didn't have shampoo....I washed his hair twice when he got home and the water was brown.  Guess what we found in the bottom of his suitcase?  His shampoo.

They both had a wonderful time and are ready to go again next year.  Amelia will join them next year also.

I've read two books this week, both recommended by a friend.  One was Inside the O'Briens.  The author is Lisa Genova, who wrote Still Alice.  This book is set in modern times, in Boston, and the main character is a Boston Police officer.  He is diagnosed with Huntington's Disease and this book tells the story of the effect on him and his family.  It was quite good.

Last night I read Winter Garden.  I couldn't put it down.  It's written by Kristin Hannah.  It was excellent, I alternated by crying and feeling hopeful.  At the end, it was one of those books where you are full of emotion and it took me a long time to fall asleep.  The setting is Russia during WWII.  If you are looking at it objectively, there are parts that are hard to believe in the modern day parts, but then again, I didn't have any problem with them last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment