Monday, May 30, 2016

I'm Back!

I’m at my parents’ house.  Everyone is watching The Avengers so it seemed like the perfect time to finally update the blog.  This is my longest spell without posting ever and I don’t really have a reason except that I am busy and this blog easily moves to the bottom of my priority list.  I think because everything goes on Facebook it begins to feel redundant also.

What have we been up to for the past two months?

Lucy:
  1. In her Guided Independent Study class she is writing and illustrating a picture book.  The manuscript is done, but the pictures are photographs that she takes and then paints characters into, so it is a lengthy process.  Her first pictures are beautiful though.

Toby:
  1. He finished up his hockey season and is now doing a weekly hockey skills class.
  2. He started fencing classes which he is really enjoying.

Amelia:
  1. She started swimming lessons and is now able to swim across the pool, which means our summer will be fun and scary.
  2. She is doing spring soccer and is busy running fast and scoring goals.

Sam:
  1. He finishes up school on June 23rd. They have moved another program into his building so he’s dealing with sharing the space and making sure the students are kept separated.

Sarah:
  1. I finish school on June 9. Woohoo!  I’ll be working this summer in an abbreviated form, but it will be lovely to have more time to concentrate on bigger projects.  Right now I’m in the thick of interviewing families, interviewing for new positions, and attending various student events.


I’m sure many other things have happened in the past two months, but this is all that is coming to mind now, so I’ll leave these things here and move on with the blog.  The next few posts will be pictures that didn’t make it onto the blog.  

Here’s a video of Lucy playing in the Orchestra Concert. Pirates of the Caribbean Medley

No comments:

Post a Comment