Monday, January 25, 2016

Florida for the Weekend

Last weekend I left on Saturday to go to Florida through Tuesday.  My sister was attending a training on Saturday so we spent that first night at a hotel in the airport after she finished her training.  Sunday morning we rented a car and drove to Universal.  My parents had given me tickets for my birthday.  We later checked into our hotel (only a 5 minute drive from Universal) and then went to see Sisters and had dinner at Margaritaville.  Monday we headed to Universal again and did the other park.  I drove Rachel to the airport in the late afternoon and went back to Universal alone.  Tuesday morning I spent some time at Sam's cousin Evelyn's school, where she is the Makerspace Coordinator.  I then headed back to Universal for a few more hours. I went to the airport a few hours early to do some work on their wi-fi since our hotel wi-fi didn't work and my father picked me up at the airport at midnight.  Thank you!  All in all, it was a wonderful trip.  It was cold (40 degrees!) but I had such a great time with Rachel and exploring a new theme park.  We went on all of the rides, except for things like the Dr. Seuss elephants. ;)  My favorite thing out of everything was warm Butterbeer.  I had it three times, delicious!  Thank you to Sam for making sure the kids and household ran smoothly.  He had to deal with a rear window blown out of our car by a teenager with a BB gun.  We still don't have the glass in it.  Giant Glass was a fail, hopefully JN Phillips will come through tomorrow.

Hotel airport, we could see security check-in out of our window.

 Entrance to Hogsmeade


 Butterbeer - Delicious!

 109 dollars and the robe is yours.

 It was difficult to buy the kids gifts, but I saw a great book for Amelia in Seuss Landing, so I ordered it from Amazon for half the price and it arrived at my house the same day I did.  She loves it and has spent hours filling it out.  My Book About Me


The dragon blows fire at night.  People stand for forever to try to catch it.  I just got lucky as I was passing by one night, but I didn't get lucky enough to catch it on film.


One of the wand shops




The Hogwarts Express - I loved this train ride.



 Cinemagic - Universal's fireworks and light show

Evelyn and I outside of her school




No comments:

Post a Comment