Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Books and Movies

With Sam away this past weekend, I picked out some movies to watch that I thought he wouldn't be interested in.  I cried my way through "Still Alice". I also got "Far from the Madding Crowd" to watch, and thought it was excellent.

I read Luckiest Girl Alive which I thought was excellent.  I think someone might have recommended it to me, but I can't remember.  If so, thank you.  It is supposed to be made into a movie.

Sam and Lucy are having a great time. Lots of hiking and enjoying Acadia.  I'll post their pictures when they get back.

One of our spring chickens laid their first tiny egg today.

Mary M. retired from teaching and being the assistant principal at WCS last year.  Last week she came into school with a bag full of dinner for us and a card which said that she would be providing dinner the first Monday of every month.  There was enough food for a few meals and it was delicious.  Pulled chicken, rolls, potato salad, cole slaw, and a big container of cookies.  What a thoughtful idea!




No comments:

Post a Comment