Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Smitten Kitchen

I love the Smitten Kitchen blog so last week when I was making my meal plan I decided to choose four of her recipes.  I ended up making three of them and they were all delicious.

Tomato and Fried Provolone Sandwiches - Nice take on grilled cheese, grilling the cheese instead of the bread.

Fried Egg Sandwich with Bacon and Blue Cheese - Delicious.  I served these with hash browns and used ciabatta rolls.  I also used an herb blend salad mix instead of straight frisee because our tiny Shaws didn't have it.  It was still delicious, especially with the shallot dressing.

Southwestern Pulled Brisket - We ate this with tortillas and red cabbage.  I chose it because I needed a slow cooker meal for that day and I was hoping Sam would be able to have it for leftovers while I was away.  I only used a 1.5 pound roast, instead of a 3 pound, so he was only able to have just enough for one more night.  I also used a chuck roast because our store didn't have brisket, but it turned out fine.

We didn't get to the Asian noodles with cucumbers yet.

1 comment:

  1. Looks tasty. We had this the other night. It was delicious and quick to put together (after marinating the chicken) http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2013/09/grilled-chicken-strawberry-salad-wrap/

    ReplyDelete