Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Amelia's Surgery

Amelia was scheduled for surgery at Boston Children's this morning at 9:15.  We arrived at the hospital at 7:45 and they quickly started getting everything ready. I was able to go in the OR with her.  She chose bubble gum as the scent for her anesthesia and held the mask on herself.

We had a tense moment when some of the team wanted the hair wrap to come out because it had metal on the end, but the chief anesthesiologist prevailed and she got to keep it.  I was ready to fight for it after all the money it cost, and Amelia is excited to have it for the start of school.

The surgery will take about 3 hours and they will contact me every hour or so and let me know how it is going.

They did warn me that children do not like ng tubes, so we'll try to keep it in as long as possible, but I'm not looking forward to that part...hopefully all of the new toys/activities will help her forget it is in.


No comments:

Post a Comment