Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Intestinal Malrotation

Amelia had her Upper GI this morning.  It went well, she's pretty amazing during medical procedures.  She definitely doesn't want to cause a scene, although she did refuse to shake the radiologist's hand.

I didn't stay for the appointment with the doctor following because they had booked it quite a bit later.  I did email him.  He emailed me back and said that her malrotation is the type that needs to have surgery.  I'll be talking to him soon about it.

So, we're going to get a second opinion in Boston and probably opt to have it done in Boston (if insurance allows).  But I don't actually know much about what it entails so for now I'll just get the information needed.

Here's a link to her issue:  http://uofmchildrenshospital.org/HealthLibrary/Article/88671


No comments:

Post a Comment