Thursday, June 18, 2015

Nail Polish

About two months ago we were talking about gel polish in the teachers' room.  One teacher mentioned that her salon had told her there was a drugstore version of gel polish that you could buy without needing to use lights.  I was interested in this because I'm not going to go to the salon to have my nails done, and because a normal nail polish lasts about 24 hours for me before it starts chipping.

I headed to Target and bought Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in Totem-ly Yours and the Miracle Gel top coat (which you must use to get it to work).  It was about 15 dollars total.

I went home and painted two coats of the polish, followed by one top coat.  Then I lived life.  The nails looked great and still looked great after day 1.  Success!  Day 2 still going strong, Day 3, Day 4.  On Day 5 I noticed a tiny chip but it wouldn't be noticeable to others.  On Day 6 it started to go downhill so I easily removed it with nail polish remover.

I was thrilled!  I got a whole work week out of the nail polish.  I painted them again the next day but this time they only lasted about 4 days.  I was also much harder on my nails as I was moving many things in my classroom.  I again removed the nail polish.

I did not repaint them and I noticed that they were breaking quickly.  I have had the polish off for about 2.5 weeks now and my nails are just starting to look strong again and ready to be painted.

So the plus side:  It really works.  It doesn't last two weeks, but it does last a full work week which is pretty amazing.  It removes very easily, easier than normal polish.  It just slid right off my nail.  It's 15 dollars and will last a long time.

Downsides:  I think it damages your nails.  If I continued to paint them each week, maybe they would have been fine.  Or maybe it was just a fluke.  But after 2 weeks with no polish, my nails are ready to go again so that's not bad.

All in all, great product and I'm happy to have found it!

No comments:

Post a Comment