Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Clearing the Phone

Yes, it's been a week since I've blogged.  What a week it has been.  I worked over 50 hours last week, with 28 of the hours happening on Thursday and Friday.  I led two successful curriculum training days with teachers.  I'm excited about their enthusiasm for teaching.  I've attended a few interviews and worked on various projects.

I was told my office wall color is hideous (which it is) so I was inspired to purchase paint.  Sam will paint it at some point and then I can hang things on my walls.

We're taking it easier this week.  Lucy has a friend over today.  Amelia and I deep-cleaned her bedroom, which means they are all done until Christmas.

Sam finished his first full year of teaching and is back to construction for the summer.  Yesterday he dropped a radiator on his foot and broke his toe.  It looks horrible, but he says it's alright.

I made Uncle Arthur's Blueberry Coffeecake this morning.  It's my favorite.  I made granola last night and I was contemplating making lavender scones this evening.

Books are still at a shortage for me, nothing catching my eye.  Any suggestions, let me know.

Amelia has her Upper GI tomorrow morning...she's eagerly awaiting her new Calico Critter furniture set that she will get if she drinks the drink.

This is our last week before we start four fun weeks, Amelia is going to OSV camp, we are going to Plymouth and New Jersey, and we have VBS in there also.

Here are some photos of what we've been up to:

Amelia finished U6 soccer.  She'll be playing U8 in the fall, with an all-girls team.  She is doing summer soccer at the school though.

Enjoying some Coco's Ice at the soccer jamboree

 We went to see Jurassic World in 3D.  Toby also got to see Inside Out this past weekend.

 We went mini-golfing at West End Creamery.  That was tedious.



 This is for you, Grandma, the pineapple plant.  This plant is across from the house where Toby goes for tutoring.  I've never seen one before, but it looks just like a pineapple.


 My classroom is empty and I am done with it.  They even took the reading tire and rolled it out to the playground.  Gasp!


 We had a relaxing afternoon at Fairwoods.


 Brother and sister on the dock



These are the baby chicks from my classroom.  They are getting a little bigger now, we still haven't integrated them with the rest of the flock.



No comments:

Post a Comment