Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Books

I've read a variety of books this past month.

1.  The Lowland - Set in India and the USA, this book was quite good.  It wasn't a fast read for me, but it was a thoughtful one.

2.  No Parking at the End Times - This was a novel and I didn't like it at all.  It felt poorly written to me, very little plot, and could have been written in half the amount of words.

3.  Child of Mine - I was in the mood for some light-hearted reading and had a Beverly Lewis book in my end table, so I started it.  I read about half of it and then flipped to the end to read the end.

4.  The Jaguar's Children - This is about an illegal immigrant who is trying to cross the Mexican border into the USA.  He is sealed in a water truck and gets left in the truck, in the desert, with a group of people.  Again, this was just "ok" writing, and I ended up skipping around in it also.

It hasn't been a good book month.  I need to find some new books to read...

No comments:

Post a Comment