Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Wednesday

It's 2am in the morning and I just got home from work.  I was home from 4:15-5:30 this afternoon.  Then I headed out for two interviews followed by doing the report card comments for my class which are due in 7 hours.  I couldn't find my house key and Sam had locked the door so I had to knock on Lucy's window, but she let me in which is great and a definite advantage to having her downstairs.  When I forgot my key once before it took over an hour for me to get in the house because Sam sleeps so soundly.

I'm excited about the interviews.  It's great to have a good pool of candidates.

I'm also tired, yet feeling energized, probably because I had a coffee at 10:30. :)  But also because my third quarter report card comments are done, which means I only have one more set of report cards to do in the foreseeable future.  I'm looking at everything in my classroom now, as this is my last time to do it...sometimes that brings a feeling of relief, depending on the task/item, but mostly it makes me a little sad.  I'm thankful for this class of students.  I couldn't have asked for better ones to end my teaching career with.

I'm also discovering that I have much to learn about being a principal. I am not eloquent.  I am direct and logical without a lot of need for extraneous speech.  I think being eloquent as a principal is a good trait to have.  Is eloquence something one can learn?


No comments:

Post a Comment