Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Books/Movies/Television Shows

I'm busy watching the final season of Mad Men with Jenny, only two episodes to go.  The season has not been good.  They keep introducing new characters which is not what you want at the end of a series...

I'm also watching Call the Midwife and continuing to enjoy it.

Sam and I watched The Theory of Everything.  I knew nothing about Stephen Hawking and found it to be informative and well-done.

We are watching Boyhood tonight and we all watched Night at the Museum 3 last weekend.  It was a great movie, lots of laughter.

As far as books, my cousin had recommended Dear Committee Members and I loved it.  It's a novel written as a compilation of reference letters.  I laughed out loud in many parts.  I have also read The Art of Hearing Heartbeats which was fine, but I didn't love it.  I can't remember if I've already talked about All the Light We Cannot See but it was fabulous, WWII, a blind girl and her father, excellent writing.  I finished Me Before You also.  At first I thought it was a light-hearted romance and thought to myself, I should read more of these.  I feel like everything I read is heavy and emotional.  Then I kept reading it and realized it wasn't a light-hearted romance, but it was very good.  It seems like everyone in our grades 3-5 is reading The One and Only Ivan so I read it also.  It was cute, touching (if you're a child and maybe if you're an animal-loving adult) , but not a top book for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment