Monday, March 30, 2015

Survival

I worked over 65 hours last week.  By the end, I felt like I was in a fog.  This weekend was a much needed time of rejuvenation, no spas or massages, but rejuvenating just by spending time with my family, and not thinking about work.  I went to bed at 9:45 on Friday and didn't get up until 9:45 Saturday morning.  I woke up with a new appreciation for the world.  Do I sound dramatic? ;)  It felt dramatic.

This weekend Sam worked on Saturday, while the kids and I attended the Suzuki concert.  It's exciting to see Lucy moving up through the songs, she played all but two this time around.  Toby on the other hand played the same songs he's been playing for the past 3 years...I think he might be done cello at the end of this year, but don't tell him!

We went to West End Creamery for ice cream because it was opening weekend, even though the snow was falling.

Sunday Toby played at the DCU center one last time this season.  He had his personal best game, with an almost assist. :)    Lucy, Toby and Sam went to the last Sharks game they will probably ever go to because the Sharks are moving.  Toby got to skate out of the Shark head at the beginning of the game and fist pump the players, which seemed fitting, since that is one of the first things he did at the beginning of this season.

Now I'm getting a roast chicken ready for dinner, Lucy will be going to youth group, I'll be grocery shopping, and maybe Sam and I will watch a movie later.  Ah, normalcy.

I'm going to strive for better work/home balance this week...it will be helped by having Friday off.

No comments:

Post a Comment