Monday, October 06, 2014

The Boston Tea Party Museum and The Chaperone

Time to be honest...I'm not going to blog about the Museum.  I just don't feel like it.  Suffice it to say, that it is a fabulous museum, well worth the money.  If you are bringing children it would be good if they knew at least some of the rough details of the Tea Party.  Phew, now I can cross it off of my list.

I finished reading The Chaperone this weekend.  I really enjoyed it, well-written fiction.  I took away two quotes that I liked.

I'm not intimidated by anyone.  Everyone is made with two arms, two legs, a stomach, and a head.  Just think about that. - Josephine Baker

Of course my mind immediately begins thinking, that no, everyone isn't made with those things, but I like the idea behind it.

Under her hands, under the layers of Raymond's fine suit and shirtwaist, were the same freckled shoulders she had seen that awful day she though her life was over - and when she was sure this decent, beloved man was her enemy.

She was grateful life could be long.

I love that one.  The older I get, the more I realize how little I once knew, and how little I know now.  Life brings change and thankfully, most of us will be blessed with a long life where we are able to look back and see the changes in ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment