Friday, October 17, 2014

Bloomin' Baked Apples

After our trip to the orchard on Monday, I've been busy making apple recipes.  I made applesauce on Monday, no recipe, of course.

On Tuesday I made Bloomin' Baked Apples  Sam, Lucy and I ate them.  Toby and Amelia just ate the extra caramels.  I ate two and thought they were ok.  They tasted like baked apples, fancy that.  Sam said they tasted like an apple dumpling, minus the dumpling, which in my opinion isn't very good.  Lucy seemed to enjoy them the most and had them for breakfast the next morning.

Wednesday night I made breakfast in the slow cooker.  This is what I followed from pinterest.  It didn't have a link, just these words:

Want breakfast tomorrow without lifting a finger? Place 2 sliced apples, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, pinch salt in the bottom of the crock pot. Pour in 2 cups of oatmeal, 2 cups of milk and 2 cups water. Do NOT stir. Cook overnight for 8 - 9 hours on low.


I doubled it.  I woke up throughout the night for various reasons anticipating the smell of cinnamon and apples and never smelled it.  Thursday morning when I got up, Sam had already left with his.  I was not impressed with what I saw.  It was soupy and mushy looking.  I gave it to the kids.  Amelia and Toby didn't have any (and I forgot to give them something else!)  Amelia's teacher said to me at lunchtime, "She seems very hungry today."  Oops!  Lucy ate a little of it.  I put the rest into two containers and Sam can have it for breakfast.  Definitely not worth making.

I did make one delicious recipe that I will share soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment