Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Books and IEPS

I've finished two books this week.

1. The Invention of Wings - This is by the same author as The Secret Life of Bees, which I didn't like at all.  This book was excellent though and I highly recommend it.  The story of a slave and her owner, and where life takes them on their paths as women.

2.  Allegiant - This is the third book in the Divergent series and I'm sad to report that it is definitely the last because of the ending the author chose.  It was an unexpected ending and I guess I should be happy she did something unusual, but really it is just depressing.

On a completely different note, Toby is supposed to be receiving speech services twice a week through the Auburn school system.  At the end of last year, I communicated with the speech therapist trying to get a time at the end of the day so that I could maybe work something out with my work schedule.  I emailed her again this weekend and the email bounced back.  Turns out she has gone to a new district, so I have a new speech therapist to try to work everything out with, and the team chair (who I really like) has gone back into the classroom, so we now have a new team chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment