Monday, March 31, 2014

First Day of Work!

Today Sam entered the world of teaching and training.  It started off with an unexpected hiccup when I went to drive to work and there was power steering fluid all over the driveway.  Sam ended up driving the kids and I to school and still made it to his first day of training, and was the first one there.

This week he is training with DYS.  It started an hour later than planned, ended 45 minutes early, and he had an hour lunch break.  He did enjoy the training and found it to be helpful preparation.

For me, it was strange to have him come to the school in the afternoon dressed in professional clothes and have him done work earlier than I was.  Sam has been working construction for 18 years, which means we were quite used to that schedule.  I'm sure someday this was all seem normal, but for right now I'm going to enjoy the novelty and benefits of this new career.

As for the van, turns out it was a loose clamp (thankfully!) so Sam fixed it and put in new fluid and we are good to go tomorrow, which is a little disappointing to me because I enjoyed driving to work together today and getting picked up.  I didn't enjoy three children squished into a small backseat and the ways they chose to interact with each other.




No comments:

Post a Comment